Thursday, 15 October 2009

Room/Storage Dividers

Lori Weitzner has designed this delicate, organic open web room divider, from South American fig tree bark. I like how it pixalets what it's dividing.



Susan Bradleys outdoor wallpapers, cut from stainless steel are at the height of innovative design. They're beautifully visualised in these photos.


Another of Susan Bradley's designs, this is one of her bookcases but I can visualise this on giant scale in a room, where it folds to floor it would create the floor space within the room divider.


Monica Forster is an Interior designer and specialises in furnishings. Here is 'Forest' her contemporary room divider, with the aim of bringing nature into the home. The metal rods hold 'petals'. It comes in 3 colour ways. Laser cutting the shapes out and applying them by hand to metal rods could achieve this look. I think with my design it would look nice on much finer rods, so it gave the appearance of floating roses or galloping horses depending on which motif I used.

Amode is a contemporary furnishing store for the higher end of the market. Their designs are mid way from functionable to contemporary installation. This bookcase/room divider looks like it's taken inspiration from the game Tetris. It suits both purposes as a bookcase and interior statement.



Another clever little piece by Amode, this inside out bathroom cabinet has etchings of what might be inside. How far could you go with this idea? What things could you playfully hint at what's being hidden? Seen as I like the idea of being interactive wouldn't it be great to have a cupboard with etch a sketch's as it's doors.


Working with the concepts of scale and space, structure and surface, Deepa Panchamia designs sculptures and installations which make commissions for interior spaces in the UK and abroad. The lightness of the fabric allows an interaction between the installation and wind and light. It'd be lovely to see what movement this installation has and how shadows and light bounce off it's surroundings.



Bloomming were designers are the light faceting room divider, it currently no longer in there products but I found this on Trendir where I came across loads of other innovative room/storage dividers. The jaggared shapes allow light to hit and bounce off at different angles.It also has lovely flowing dimension making this piece quite decorative and with more purposes other than to divide or conceal.



No comments:

Post a Comment