I contacted the Retro Games Shop in Manchester for feedback on my retro game inspired cards. They seemed pretty interested to look at them even though they weren't already selling any, and told me to email them small res files. I've decided to just email for feedback instead of selling my work because I want to complete a workshop with information on business and trading before a pursue this.
The response I got was generally positive and it has encouraged me to want to pursue contact with other subject related stores.
Carla Brown, owner said:
- Retro computer game theme cards were strong and linked the subject
- Colours worked coherently with the subject and era
- Humorous and bold
- I'd created a flowing range
- Enjoyed the visuals and creative style
- Currently not in the position to buy
It was reasurring to know from someone that is so passionate about retro products that she liked them. Positive feedback like this pushes me to aim for bigger retro stores around the country, but I will need this business workshop under my belt so I've more understanding about what it is like to be in the position of trade. I thanked Carla Brown for my feedback as it has given me confidence in my card range.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment