skip to main | skip to sidebar

Alannah Harrison Surface Design Blog Spot

My thoughts, ideas, work, research for my BA(Hons) in Design and Visual Arts, Pathway Surface Design at Stockport College.

Sunday, 23 August 2009

Research - Jackson Pollock







Jackson Pollock has really interested me because I can see links with hallucination within his work, I like the fast strokes and experimental lines.
He once said "When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It is only after a sort of 'get acquainted' period that I see what I have been about. I have no fear of making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through. It is only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting comes out well."
Posted by alannahharrison at 15:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Labels

  • Artist Research (7)
  • Business Research (5)
  • Business Strategy (3)
  • competitions (1)
  • Designers (4)
  • Exhibition Research (1)
  • Interview (6)
  • Major Project (3)
  • Outlet Research (2)
  • PDP (24)
  • Portfolio Visit (10)
  • Public Survey (2)
  • Publishers (6)
  • Report (2)
  • Reports (5)
  • Theme Research (1)
  • Tradeshow (1)
  • Tradeshow List (1)
  • Web Designs (1)
  • Work Experience (6)

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2011 (36)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (16)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2010 (71)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (19)
  • ▼  2009 (72)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (26)
    • ▼  August (22)
      • Research - American Folk Art Museum
      • Research - Henry Darger
      • Research - Jackson Pollock
      • Research - Juxapostion
      • Research - Contemporary Interiors
      • Research - Contemporary Interiors
      • Research - Contemporary Interiors
      • Research - Sue Stemp Contemporary Interiors.
      • Research - Contemporary Interiors
      • Research - Contemporary Interiors
      • Research - Contemporary Interiors
      • Research
      • Research
      • Research
      • Research - Alice in Wonderland
      • Research
      • Research - Contemporay Interiors
      • Research
      • Research
      • Research
      • Research
      • Research - Vintage Book Ilustrations

About Me

My photo
alannahharrison
Just feed me and I'm good to go
View my complete profile
 

Labels

  • PDP (24)
  • Portfolio Visit (10)
  • Artist Research (7)
  • Interview (6)
  • Publishers (6)
  • Work Experience (6)
  • Business Research (5)
  • Reports (5)
  • Designers (4)
  • Business Strategy (3)
  • Major Project (3)
  • Outlet Research (2)
  • Public Survey (2)
  • Report (2)
  • Exhibition Research (1)
  • Theme Research (1)
  • Tradeshow (1)
  • Tradeshow List (1)
  • Web Designs (1)
  • competitions (1)