For 10 weeks I worked at North Cheshire Studios, I worked alongside the co-owner Jason Quinn working on local jobs designing business cards, leaflets, flyers and small magazines. I worked on programmes Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark Express, he also taught me the printing process.
It really helped working in that environment to tight deadlines and also helped develop my skills on Photoshop and Illustrator while introducing me to the software Quark Express. He left me to bring my own creative flair to the projects so I got to have fun with some of them. I particularly enjoying putting together an 8 page magazine for The Heaton Mersey Conservative Club, he asked me to be as creative as I wanted to as the club was looking for a new look for their magazine so I really got it to it.
Through this my manager at The Frog and Railway has asked me to create the posters for upcoming events held there, it's pretty straight forward work but I enjoy putting them together.
This work experience as given me experience in working to quick deadlines, has improve my CAD skills as well as gaining new skills in understanding printers, paper weights and colour control which is important to have established a basis on this as it is likely I will be dealing with a lot of print technicalities myself when setting up my own business. It has also given me insight in how a small business runs. North Cheshire Studios are strict on wastage, in time and produce, and I think this is a fair approach because both are money.
Though this experience I've gain other job offers, all local, but it is a confidence boost as well as extra money and CV experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment