Thursday, 5 August 2010

Work Experience Vernon Park Museum and Pure Innovations

I contacted Vernon Park Museum as I'd heard they needed volunteers at their crafts fair which will be held in Sept. There I will be runner, helping set up stalls. I thought this was a good way of making contacts and through doing this I've been given permission to submit some work to their gallery for free. I was also put in contact with Pure Innovations where once every 2 weeks I will be helping adults with Learning Difficulties learn art skills, with my first visit I'm planning on teaching them how to hand craft cards, I plan to sell these cards at the Vernon Museum crafts fair and all money will go to the funding of Pure Innovations. Each session I plan to do this, I hope to get printing permission for these as I would like to then digitally print each card and sell them online giving a cut of each sale to Pure Innovations. Discussions with Pure Innovations about this are tomorrow!

I had my interview with Pure Innovations on Friday, it was really well and they were excited to hear about my proposal of selling the clients at Pure Innovations work on to Art & Craft fairs, particularly because the team had been in discussions about doing this to help funding a few days before our interview. I've been researching card outlets and Card Factory are interested in being involved with charities, so I'm going to wait to see how the sessions go at Pure Innovations as they start in a few weeks and discuss with the team whether to contact Card Factory with a campaign regarding the clients at Pure Innovations to sell their work through them. I feel Card Factory would be the ideal company as they are the number 1 leading card company in the UK for their competitive prices and they reach out to a broader market, particularly those who already donate to charities and funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment