
Flyer Update: The flyers have been sent off to Rollernews and B-Mag, both leading skate magazines to advertise the UKSkate Jam, should be published in the next few weeks.
Steve Bass owner of UKSkate has come up with a brilliant idea to help fund their £150,000 deposit for a bigger skatepark located in Stockport. Steve Bass has contact with over 6000 people through Facebook that are customers and fans of UKSkate and people who have submitted their email address to him when buying merch of his website, he has emailed and mailed all 6000+ people asking for £50 to help towards the deposit for a better skatepark and for that they receive 3 years free membership to the park. He only needs half the 6000 people to pay this to reach the £150,000 goal. Seems like a rather clever strategy to me!
Working for UKskate has improved my CAD skills which is important for my Negotiated project as the designs will be digital. It has also given me insight into a market I'm already interested in. Steve Bass has a lot of advice and he's clever with his business strategies so it helps that I've been given a bigger scope of knowledge, which I want to take with me in creating my own business. I will be spending the next few months researching more into this market and business strategies, so the knowledge and experience I have gain from this is all part of that. I have also gained experience in working in a larger team, collaborating with others to put together the flyers as well as working closely with the cliental.
No comments:
Post a Comment