Thursday, 24 September 2009

DESIGN REPORT - URBAN OUTFITTERS

Venue Details – Add / Web etc
Urban Outfitters
42-43 Market Street
Manchester
M1 1WR
United Kingdom
0161-817-6640
http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk

Urban Outfitters began their outlets by selling inexpensive furnishings and second hand clothing to students, they’ve maintained a ram shackled, vintage feel classed with high markets style.
They have 7 designers within its Manchester store and one brand of their own Urban Renewal which recycles old garments in patchwork. The store has a contemporary theme with high end high street fashions aimed at people interested in high end fashion, cultural people or students.
Staff were friendly and willing to help, they had good knowledge about the productions and presented themselves for the store well.

Out of the 7 designer ranges in their store I looked at Paul & Joe Sister, they style ranges from a hard edge version of Princess Margaret, a cute Manga girl and a teased school girl perm.
Their range is inspired by ‘La Nouvelle Vague’ and distinctive actresses in films during the ‘French new wave’.
Productions are not mass produced, I was not impressed with the stores sizes as they are between 8 - 12 which I thought limiting and discriminating and there was only one colour way.


While in the store I looked at this heavily detailed in print and multi layered dress from Paul & Joe Sister (below).
Scale is bottom heavy with flower motifs, but spaces out towards the top, pattern at the bottom is a mirrored repeat pattern but towards the top develops into a mirrored half drop repeat pattern.
Made with 100% silk, this dress was retailed at £170, I think this is pricey considering it is a 2 colour palette and the motif is simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment