Monday, 21 September 2009

Research


I've decided to divulge into vintage illustrations again but contrast them with some mark making to follow the juxtaposition theme I've been taking. I've found these, one's an actually vintage illustration from 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' dating back to the 1900's sourced here and another is a more contemporary take for the magazine cover of Colophon but you can tell it's been influenced by vintage illustration, click here. They look so similar in design, it's as if the contemporary design was actually inspired by this vintage illustration, even down to how the little girl is blowing a dandelion in the wind and 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' is about a tornado that hits a house.



Here are some more covers from Colophon magazine, I like some of the elements in these, like the text, lines and shapes. Darren Di Lieto of The Little Chimp Society has uploaded his interview with the creators of Colophon magazine, click for an interesting read about both illustration and non-illustration questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment