Abacus is predominately a jewellers located in Afflecks and I wasn't going to stop to show my portfolio to them at first until I saw a small selection of cards, roughly about 6, from the same designer. I asked Daniel the co-owner if they were interested in viewing my portfolio as I had a selection of cards aimed at the Affleck Palace market and he booked me in for a portfolio viewing for half an hour later.
He seemed keen on the cards and gave an overview saying they were cool, that he was interested in buying and that they were suitable for their market but would need to speak to his co-owner. We swapped contacts and he said he would contact me after speaking to his co-owner, but I think I might chase it up and email him the costs etc.
I feel that as they don't prodominately sell cards they will probably be sold by commission which is risky or I would have extras printed for outlets that would only want to buy a small selection as this will lower production fees and the added bonus of having my cards in as many outlets big or small is good for promotion purposes.
This portfolio visit was helpful in that I got feedback from someone who is selling in my market and that they were interested, it gave me another contact and also experience in showcasing my designs and initiating sales.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment