I presented my work to Karen Little, who works professionally in the interior design industry and has been quite successful. I was really looking forward to receiving feedback from someone who is currently in the industry and working freelance to see if she felt my work was marketable.
I explained who my work was intended for, why I was interested in that area, where my inspiration came from, how I researched, what I enjoyed about the project and what I thought were my own strengths and weakness about my project. I showed her my sketchbooks and themeboards to show how I got to the final products. I behaved enthusiasticly about my project as I feel really positive about it anyway but felt like it would be a good approach to keep Karen Little engaged with the presentation, which is an approach I'm considering using for my Critical Studies presentation as it seemed to go well.
Her feedback was really interesting, she told me that she liked the majority of the cards and could see herself buying some of the cards, which was reasurring. She said my market was quite clear and she said she could see them being marketable to the alternative market that I suggested. She pointed out that the magpie cards were very niche and that magpies don't sell well in the card industry but they would make good wall art which is something to consider. She also gave me her contact card and told me she has good contacts with Hallmark so I wanted to contact them she would forward on Hallmarks contacts. This is such a good contact to have, as there is no harm in booking a portfolio visit with their visual directors.
Further feedback said I held a very comprehensive and expressive presentation and explained my journey in 3 distinctive different areas that all worked well together as a collection.
I found the whole presentation really uplifting and positive as well as informative, with the added bonus of getting Hallmark as a contact. I'm extremely happy with my feedback.
Saturday, 8 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment