I took my portfolio into American Graffiti in Affleck Palace and the off chance they might be interested in looking, and boy was Jensen!
She's setting up a shop in 2 weeks, after being a sales assistant for American Graffiti for 6 months and was looking for some stock.
I showed her my cards and she was really enthusiastic about all of them and was eager to exchange contacts.
She asked my how the rates would work and I told her I would sell the cards at £1.50 each with a minimum buy of 25 cards per design which would total in at £37.50, she said that she would take every card if it was commissioned based meaning I would only make a profit if a card sold. Commission rates of around 70%-30%. I told her I wouldn't possibly be able to take the risk of producing every single card based on commission, so I hope to sell about 12 designs to her at a fixed sell price of £450. (300 cards x £1.50) = (12 designs x 25 card). If she sold each card at £2.50 she would make a turnover of £750, totalling in £300 in profit.
She wasn't able to negotiate a price there and then because her business partner wasn't available, but she was eager to swap contact details so I will be contacting her Monday morning so discuss our options.
Overall it was a great portfolio visit and even if nothing materialises from it it's given me experience selling my work and given me an extra contact.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment